les royaumes d'esbelia Index du Forum

les royaumes d'esbelia Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    les royaumes d'esbelia Index du Forum -> les royaumes d'esbelia -> Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom
Voyageur

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 10:32 (2018)    Sujet du message: 'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how i Répondre en citant

'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how it sparked his Aston Villa coming of age

maxbet Grealish has told the Sunday People of how that pre-season clash with Watford midfielder Tom Cleverley almost cost him his life. It is often remarked upon that footballers will ‘die for the cause’. But Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish almost did. Rewind to the start of this ­campaign and a pre-season friendly against Watford. A harmless-­looking challenge from former team-mate Tom Cleverley did not just put the 22-year-old in ­hospital, it left him fearing he may never wake up again.

The gifted playmaker will step out at Wembley on Saturday to face Fulham in the Championship play-off final with the hopes of 40,000 travelling Villa fans resting on his shoulders. It would be the fairy-tale ­ending — the Brummie, schooled by his local club, firing them back to the big time. But to understand the journey Grealish has undertaken this ­season, we have to go back eight months – to the ­moment when a tackle in a warm-up game almost cost him his life.

“I took a kick to the kidney and it split in two places. It was pouring with blood, internally, for about five hours," he exclusively told the Sunday People's Neil Moxley. “It’s the worst pain I’ve ever been in. I went to Heartlands hospital in Birmingham. They found out what it was and I was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth for an operation. Before it happened, the surgeon had to tell me the consequences of what could happen if it didn’t work. maxbet

“He looked me in the eye and said, ‘Jack, you could die’. My reply was, ‘What?’ “I was genuinely scared. I was expecting to be back inside a week, but it was three or four months. “I knew Tom Cleverley from our time together at Villa and he couldn’t believe it. I spoke to him the morning after the ­operation and I said, ‘Mate, do you know where I am and what’s happened?’ He couldn’t have been more apologetic.

“I’m a big believer that ­everything happens for a reason. I came back from that injury a different person. “I thought about how everything could be taken away from you in such a short space of time. I worked so hard to come back because I missed football. I ­wanted to be the best I could be. I was in the gym every day and my energy is so much better. I feel stronger, fitter. maxbet

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 10:32 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    les royaumes d'esbelia Index du Forum -> les royaumes d'esbelia -> Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange